Conflict Resolution: Finding Solutions in the Workplace
Are work place conflicts getting in the way of productivity? Are you looking for strategies to help your team get along? Want a few strategies to deal with conflict issues so that your work place can return to being a positive environment for all? Then, this course is for you.
Available!Return to Store
Learn to resolve conflict successfully and return to a productive and positive work place. Conflict in the workplace is unavoidable. This course will teach you effective communication skills to resolve conflict amongst staff and management. You will learn to identify different types of conflict, stages of conflict and assist employees in managing their emotions. Once complete, you will have the strategies to engage in active listening when managing conflict in the workplace. Throughout the course, you will learn the root causes of conflict, assess each situation and effectively deal with work place disputes.
Coordinator, Manager, Supervisor, Consultant, Principal, Vice-Principal, Department Head, Board Members, Superintendent, Director, Team Leaders. *This course can be adapted, for workshop format, for staff.
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate
- Understand the types of conflict and the stages of conflict
- Recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance
Easy to use online platform
- Once you’ve paid for your course, an email is sent to your inbox with a link to log on.
- Click on your link to start the course.
- The first time you log into the course, we suggest that you add the course link to your bookmarks/favourites.
- What you get from the course will depend on how much time you have to invest.
- If you skim through the activities the course will take the minimal amount of time.
- If you complete each activity in detail, watch all related videos and read the recommended resources and books, the course will take longer to complete.
- Your course comes with a study guide to help you complete the activities.
- Download this from within the course, a link appears in the Getting Started slide.
- Work in your guide online or print and document your work on paper.
- The a2z e-learn course is divided into brief modules focusing on targeted content. The content in broken down into a series of easy to navigate slides.
- You can see your progress in the bar that appears at the bottom of the slide.
- Some slides have external links to videos and resources while others have content directly on the slide.
- Your study guide follows the course order.
You can take your course with you wherever you go! Work from your computer, tablet or phone.
Pre and post course assessments
Assess your learning as you start and finish the course.
Personal action plan
In your study guide you have the opportunity to develop an Action Plan that will help you bring what you’ve learned in the course, into your workplace or business.
Recommended reading list
A list of resources is available to you in order to delve deeper into the course content.
Certificate of completion
- Proof that you have taken and completed the course.
- The certificate is downloadable at the end of your course.
Course time limit
- Once you have paid for your course you have six months to complete it.
- If you do not complete the course, your access will be closed and you will need to re-register